lørdag den 1. februar 2014

52 Weeks: How Long it Took Me to Build a Complete Wardrobe


This week's 52 Weeks Lolita Blog Challenge is to write a post about how long it took me to build a complete wardrobe. As this topic could really just be answered with a number, I'm gonna reflect upon my wardrobe's current state.

In short, I'd say that I do not, at all, have a complete Lolita wardrobe. What a "complete" Lolita wardrobe is to me, is a wardrobe that has reached it's "final size"- The Lolita feels like (s)he doesn't need to add any more pieces, but instead sells off a little to buy new pieces once in a while. It's more a matter of renewal than growth.
I haven't quite reached that point yet. I still feel like I need to add a bunch more stuff! I need more blouses, more shoes, more bags and accessories! And of course, more dresses, whenever I get the funds to add something in that department. 

I know that many Lolitas define a "complete" wardrobe in a different way than I do. They instead consider a wardrobe complete, when you have enough stuff that you can wear a new outfit every day for a week, or two weeks, or a month. I could, without trouble, wear a new outfit every day for a very long period of time. It took me about 2 years or so, to get to that point, and of course my wardrobe has been slowly growing just a little bit ever since. I would love to purchase a new dress every month or every 2 months, but as it is now, that is not an option. I'm very cheap, in the sense that even if I love to purchase new things, I hate to spend money. That means that I'm practically never broke, but also that I'm probably not gonna be a "MC Melody Doll" until I'm 30. 
Sewing is not cheap, either. I sew because I like it, not to save money. Fabric is pricey, even if it's not as expensive as brand. I feel a little less guilty when purchasing fabric because I can tell myself it's a hobby that'll help me better myself.

In short, I haven't yet! It's taken me years to get to where I am, but I still have a long road ahead of me! My wardrobe is all over the place, with Gothic, Sweet and Classic pieces, due to my slow transition through the hues, and my dream is to add to all of these genres (though I think I'm slowly drifting away from Gothic).

Be quiet, wallet! You and I are going on adventures, like it or not!




Ingen kommentarer :

Send en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...