fredag den 21. marts 2014

LBC: A Casual Coordinate for a Quiet Day

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival was all about assembling a Lolita outfit for a casual, quiet day. I went even further, and decided to try and create an outfit that would be appropriate for the type of quiet day where you don't even want to leave the house! Therefore, this outfit even features slippers!

Casual Coordinate

I know that once in a while I haven't worn Lolita for a while, but there's no meet-up going on and I'm not going anywhere, but I still want to dress up for myself. On those days, I tend to go all the way, anyway, but to challenge myself I still threw in a little bit of laziness in this outfit.
 For that reason, I made sure that the outfit above features both casual, lazy elements and still some detail to make it feel like a treat to the wearer.
The fuzzy slippers are a little bit of both, I think! They're a luxurious type of cliché, I think, and carry connotations of spoiling yourself. The same goes for the beret- It's fancy, but an easy way out, and you can easily dress it up with a few clip-on bows. If the hat gets too warm, throw on a fluffy headbow instead.

The skirt has minimal poof, because I know I don't want to deal with a giant petticoat when going about my day in the house. I can knock stuff over when I'm out. I don't want to do it at home, haha! The t-shirt is comfortable and casual, and can be concealed a bit with a cozy knit bolero.
I chose the cherryblossom necklace and ring as a hint to the cherries on the crewsocks, and because it's finally spring!

So, there you go! An easy coordinate for a day of lounging about the house, baking or reading by the window in the cool spring breeze.
Because why should you forego Lolita, just because you're not going anywhere?

Thank you to LBC for convincing me that I should dress up in Lolita today! I was kind of sad because the meet-up this afternoon was cancelled, but why should that ruin my Lolita day?

Forgotten what casual looks like in the sea of OTT? Check out some links below!

1 kommentar :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...