onsdag den 14. maj 2014

The Closet Confidential


Recently I became aware of the "Closet Confidential" tag through EGL, and I decided to fill out the Lolita version that was posted on there, to cheer myself up a bit.
(I think I'm falling ill.. *cough*)

Here we go!

1. What is the oldest item in your wardrobe/closet?
The oldest item in my closet is my very first skirt. It's an old one, and I don't know what brand it was from. I just remember I bought it secondhand, because it was the first Lolita item I laid my eyes on, on that forum. I didn't think much about it. I just wanted something Lolita, and it was there. Today, I'm really happy that was the one I bought. It's actually a pretty decent oldschool piece, I think. It has no tag inside or anything. I bought it alongside a matching shirt and square headdress with red ribbon and bad lace. I wear it when I wanna be oldschool and tacky, haha!

2 + 3. What is the newest item? What is the most expensive item?
My newest item is my "Memories of my First Soirée" JSK by Baby the Stars Shine Bright. It's also my most expensive item, as it's the first item I've bought for full price and brand new (pun unintended). Everything else "brand" I own I've either bought on sale or second hand.
It's also one of my favorite pieces, and the most beautiful garment I've ever seen. I swear I don't think my wedding dress is gonna be half as pretty when the day comes!


4. What is the cheapest/most affordable item?
My cheapest/most affordable item is another oldie. I think this was the second or third skirt I ever got, and it was handmade by an old friend of mine. It's the cheapest because I literally got it for free! I think it's pretty cute and simple, actually. It's got a lace up detail in one side that lifts the skirt a little bit to sneak a peak at the petticoat (oooh~ rulebreaker!)
 It's nice for country Lolita. 


5. What was the biggest bargain?
My biggest bargain must definetely be my accessories. I lied a little bit when I said my "Soiree" JSK was my newest item, because I've actually just purchased a bunch of accessories off of ebay, including the socks up there! A little tip from me: Do NOT purchase main pieces off of Ebay. That's bad! You're gonna come across a ton of replicas and Milanoo-style lacemonsters. Ebay is, however, perfect for accessories. You can find adorable necklaces and socks for less than a dollar, sometimes!
My Victoriangirldress petticoat is a bit of an ebay bargain as well. 


6. What was the biggest waste of money?!
The sad, sad mess up there. No competition. It's an Oo Jia replica of "Chess Chocolate" I bought back when I was too big to fit into brand. It's really the worst quality dress I own. The lace is green-ish, the parts of the print that were supposed to be all sparkly looks dirty. I've only still got it because I doubt I'd be able to sell it. I'd feel bad doing it, too. I might put it up somewhere for 10$ or something, and then the buyer can try and fix it up.


7. What are your three favorite items right now?

Apart from my "Soiree" JSK, my favorite pieces are my "Alice's Doll House" and "Alice's Mirage in Paradox" JSKs! Especially the first one was a close competitor for "Best Bargain", too! I can't believe how cheap I got it, and how beautiful it is! They're both beautiful quality, and I feel at the top of my game when I'm wearing them!
I'm gonna wear my "Soiree" out for the first time this weekend for a meet-up at the Women's History Museum in Aarhus this Saturday, and I just can't wait!

That's it, folks! I hope I get a lot better before saturday, but I doubt I won't. 
I'm usually only ill for a day, at most!
I tag everybody reading this to do the "confidential" as well! Post your link in the comments!

Coming up next is a big Taobao review! I'm expecting a big order tomorrow!

2 kommentarer :

  1. Wow, that's nice :) I like the first red skirt, it's really nice, I think that it's really good your first purchase was something that nice :)
    Your new btssb JSK looks pretty ^^

    http://enloupakanko.blogspot.com/

    SvarSlet
  2. I love both of your Alice dresses! Are you collecting Alice themed dresses? The new BABY sailor Alice dress looks so cute.

    SvarSlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...